Is Medicaid a Good Option for me?
You may be asking yourself if Medicaid is right for you, solet me first start off by explaining what Medicaid is. Medicaid is a national health care program that helps pay for medical services for certain low-income people. If eligible for Medicaid, it will only be paid to the health care providers. These providers must take Medicaid or else you will be responsible for the bill.
Now that you know what Medicaid is, let’s talk about whether or not you are eligible. If you are blind, aged, disabled, SSI eligible, cost of living recipient, disabled adult child, or Widow(er), you may be eligible. Of course there are more in depth questions that you may need to answer in order to know your eligibility. These requirements are as follows:
• Blind—less than 20/200 vision, or someone who has a limited visual field of 20 degrees or less while wearing eyeglasses.
• Aged—People who are 65 years old and older
• Disabled—Someone who is unable to work due to a serious physical or mental condition that has lasted, or is expected to last, one year or longer.
• SSI Eligible—people who are SSI eligible are automatically eligible to receive Medicaid
• Cost of living Recipient—Those who are currently receiving Social Security benefits that have lost their SSI eligibility because of a Social Security “cost of living” increases.
• Disabled Adult Child—Disabled individuals over 18 years who have lost SSI benefits because of an increase in their Security benefits.
• Widow(er) —Recipients of Social Security Widow(er) insurance benefits who don't receive Medicare.
A few more requirements are income & resources, citizenship & residency, and accepting other benefits. If the requirements were met, you may be eligible for benefits for up to three months even before the month you applied. Be sure to apply today!
February 27th, 2014
If you have an elderly or ill loved one, you are probably aware that you have a lot of different options for his or her care. The absolute best choice, [...]
February 25th, 2014
If you love outdoor winter sports like many, but your glasses keep getting fogged up every time you are working up a sweat, or trying to do things when it’s [...]
February 21st, 2014
Prenatal visits in Oak Park IL are important for the health of both mother and child. Even in the early weeks of pregnancy, keeping your appointments can help you be [...]
February 21st, 2014
After complaining of being excessively tired during the day, your doctor may have had you undergo a sleep study. During the test, he or she may have found long pauses [...]
February 20th, 2014
When my mom was in her early eighties, she began to struggle with activities of daily living. It became difficult for her to walk around the house, and almost impossible [...]
February 18th, 2014
When my kids started complaining about not being able to see the board at school, I realized that they might have a problem with their eyesight. I started thinking about [...]