Is Medicaid a Good Option for me?
You may be asking yourself if Medicaid is right for you, solet me first start off by explaining what Medicaid is. Medicaid is a national health care program that helps pay for medical services for certain low-income people. If eligible for Medicaid, it will only be paid to the health care providers. These providers must take Medicaid or else you will be responsible for the bill.
Now that you know what Medicaid is, let’s talk about whether or not you are eligible. If you are blind, aged, disabled, SSI eligible, cost of living recipient, disabled adult child, or Widow(er), you may be eligible. Of course there are more in depth questions that you may need to answer in order to know your eligibility. These requirements are as follows:
• Blind—less than 20/200 vision, or someone who has a limited visual field of 20 degrees or less while wearing eyeglasses.
• Aged—People who are 65 years old and older
• Disabled—Someone who is unable to work due to a serious physical or mental condition that has lasted, or is expected to last, one year or longer.
• SSI Eligible—people who are SSI eligible are automatically eligible to receive Medicaid
• Cost of living Recipient—Those who are currently receiving Social Security benefits that have lost their SSI eligibility because of a Social Security “cost of living” increases.
• Disabled Adult Child—Disabled individuals over 18 years who have lost SSI benefits because of an increase in their Security benefits.
• Widow(er) —Recipients of Social Security Widow(er) insurance benefits who don't receive Medicare.
A few more requirements are income & resources, citizenship & residency, and accepting other benefits. If the requirements were met, you may be eligible for benefits for up to three months even before the month you applied. Be sure to apply today!
July 11th, 2014
If you have a senior in your life that is considering home care to help meet their health and personal care needs, you will want to educate yourself on the [...]
June 30th, 2014
Braces were once considered a right of passage for teenagers, but today’s braces aren’t just for middle school anymore. More and more adults are choosing to visit a cosmetic dentist [...]
June 23rd, 2014
It is quite possible that you have heard of mental incompetency in a person who is standing trial in criminal court, but have you ever heard of physical incompetency? It is [...]
June 13th, 2014
Bullying has become a major problem in our schools. Many professionals are looking for ways to help curb the bullying and teach children and teens to treat each other respectfully. [...]
May 29th, 2014
If you are having a medical issue and need care, you may wish to consider a medical care center Indio CA, before going to your doctor or emergency room. Medical [...]
May 28th, 2014
If you have been struggling to lose weight and, no matter what you do, seem to always either put it back on or actually gain more weight, you need to [...]