Is Medicaid a Good Option for me?
You may be asking yourself if Medicaid is right for you, solet me first start off by explaining what Medicaid is. Medicaid is a national health care program that helps pay for medical services for certain low-income people. If eligible for Medicaid, it will only be paid to the health care providers. These providers must take Medicaid or else you will be responsible for the bill.
Now that you know what Medicaid is, let’s talk about whether or not you are eligible. If you are blind, aged, disabled, SSI eligible, cost of living recipient, disabled adult child, or Widow(er), you may be eligible. Of course there are more in depth questions that you may need to answer in order to know your eligibility. These requirements are as follows:
• Blind—less than 20/200 vision, or someone who has a limited visual field of 20 degrees or less while wearing eyeglasses.
• Aged—People who are 65 years old and older
• Disabled—Someone who is unable to work due to a serious physical or mental condition that has lasted, or is expected to last, one year or longer.
• SSI Eligible—people who are SSI eligible are automatically eligible to receive Medicaid
• Cost of living Recipient—Those who are currently receiving Social Security benefits that have lost their SSI eligibility because of a Social Security “cost of living” increases.
• Disabled Adult Child—Disabled individuals over 18 years who have lost SSI benefits because of an increase in their Security benefits.
• Widow(er) —Recipients of Social Security Widow(er) insurance benefits who don't receive Medicare.
A few more requirements are income & resources, citizenship & residency, and accepting other benefits. If the requirements were met, you may be eligible for benefits for up to three months even before the month you applied. Be sure to apply today!
November 13th, 2013
A therapist can be very beneficial in many ways. If you are feeling emotional pain or have a lot of stress in your life, a therapist in Thunder Bay can [...]
November 5th, 2013
Wisdom teeth extraction in Harrisburg is a procedure performed by dentists and oral surgeons that involves the removal of wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, can [...]
November 1st, 2013
When you need to seek medical care, it is essential to know where to turn. A health clinic in Park City UT can be the ideal solution, but it is [...]
October 31st, 2013
If you have recently suffered the loss of someone near and dear, you are no doubt going through a very difficult time. And for this we are truly sorry. Losing [...]
October 30th, 2013
Of the many different medical professionals that Americans are likely to see over the course of a year, a dentist is one that is usually most frequently under-utilized. People schedule [...]
October 29th, 2013
When you have been disabled it is important that you have the money you need to maintain your household. Of course getting another job isn’t an option; therefore you must [...]